TESTING, CALIBRATION & REPAIR
Certified Fall Protection Inspection, Maintenance & Repair
Lineman’s Testing Laboratories’ knowledgeable technicians ensure proper handling of all equipment when in our facilities. To ensure compliance, all equipment is tested to applicable standards or as directed by our customers. We offer assistance in establishing both testing and calibration schedule intervals to ensure your equipment is reliable and ready to go when you are!
Speak to an LTL Product Specialist about our Defective Rubber Glove Auto-Replacement Program, as well as our informational seminars addressing proper product selection, care and use, and relevant codes, standards and/or regulations.
We inspect and certify:
- Insulating rubber gloves
- Line hose
VIEW OUR STEP-BY-STEP GLOVE TESTING PROCESS
DOWNLOAD INSULATING RUBBER GLOVES CARE & USE
As advocates for worker safety in the workplace and in the field, LTL is represented on the NAIL for PET (North American Independent Laboratories for Protective Equipment Testing) Board of Directors.
What does it means to be NAIL-Accredited?
NAIL is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the development of uniformity and setting standards in testing, working in close association with ASTM and ANSI. To maintain accreditation, regular audits are conducted to ensure all industry accepted standards are strictly adhered to; the audit encompasses review of operational areas including but not limited to laboratory facility, equipment, training and knowledge of staff, quality control work procedures, and financial responsibility. Independent test facilities operating without NAIL-accreditation are not monitored to ensure industry best practices and standards are followed.
Live Line Tool Certification, Repair and ReStocking: Extend the life of your live line tools
Before and After Each Use:
- Inspect the surface of the tool for contaminants such as dirt, creosote, grease, oil, gas/fuel, moisture, or any other foreign material. If contaminated, a quick rag wipe may be required to improve the integrity of the fiberglass.
- Visually inspect the tool for a smooth glossy surface. Check for deep cuts, scratches, nicks, gouges or signs of bruising or crushing. Pay special attention to the tip or working section of the tool.
Field Inspection Results:
- Do not use if ANY defects are found on the tool surface.
- The tool should be tagged, removed from service, and sent to LTL for repair.
- Broken strands of fiberglass allow water to wick within the fiberglass stick itself, which promotes dielectric failure or reduced insulating values.
LTL recommends annual laboratory cleaning, inspection, waxing, and testing of fiberglass tools to ensure safety and to extend the life of your tools. See IEEE STANDARD 978-1984 Guide for In-Service Maintenance and Electrical Testing of Live Line Tools, Section 4.2.DOWNLOAD LIVE LINE TOOL INSPECTION & TESTING
Certified Custom-Configured Ground Set Assembly and Annual Testing
- LTL builds and inventories an assortment of distribution and station grounding assembly units.
- Grounding assembly clamps provide optimum support at the cable/ferrule connection when using a stress relief system.
- Tinned copper threaded ferrules ensure low resistance connections.
- Grounding cables are made with an extra strand of soft drawn #30 AWG (.01”) copper, and are available in three jackets: yellow, clear, orange.
- All grounding assembly components are tested to ASTM F855 by the manufacturer.
Speak to an LTL Product Specialist about our informational seminars addressing proper product selection, care and use, and relevant codes, standards and/or regulations
Meter Manufacturing, Repair and Calibration: Auto-Notification Test-Calibration Due
LTL’s Instrumentation Technologists test, repair, and calibrate electrical instruments and equipment including, but not limited to:
Portable Gas Detection Equipment Calibration, Repair and Maintenance
- Certified Master Service Centre
- Calibration, repair and maintenance of gas detection equipment including industry-leading brands such as Honeywell, BW Technologies, Lumidor, BioSystems, MSA, and Crowcon
- LTL factory-certified technicians ensure compliance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act Confined Space Regulations
- LTL supplies brand name meters from industry-leading manufacturers
- Also available, LTL-brand 361 contamination meters and potential indicators (7kV, 15kV, 30kV)
- LTL Product Specialists offer assistance with selecting the right gas detection product to suit your specific confined space application
LTL Technicians offer assistance in establishing both testing and calibration schedule intervals to ensure equipment is reliable and ready for use. Meter calibration and repair is traceable to NIST/NRC and in compliance with ISO 17025.
Speak to an LTL Product Specialist about our informational seminars addressing proper product selection, care and use, and relevant codes, standards and/or regulations.
LTL's factory-authorized repair technicians properly assess and inspect all tools and equipment upon arrival at our centres.
LTL offers maintenance, repair and annual certification of the following:
- Load break tools
- All hydraulic and battery operated tool repair
- All hoist/chain jacks annual certification and repair
- Tools and replacement parts in stock
- Rental programs available
Industry best practices recommend field inspection of fall protection equipment prior to use to ensure worker safety. As well, fall protection equipment should be thoroughly inspected annually by a certified laboratory. LTL's certified technicians offer inspection of harnesses, ropes, and slings to ensure the integrity of the fall arrest gear. Factory-Trained Miller & DBI Sala/Capital Safety Certified.