Are you an ambitious and self-motivated individual looking for a challenge? Would you like to be part of a
dynamic and hard-working team that positively impacts the utility and industrial sectors?
Lineman's Testing Laboratories is an innovative company that encourages growth, provides challenges and gives you the opportunity to leave your mark. We've been around since 1958, so we know what motivates our staff and creates a great work culture.
We offer competitive salaries, benefits, training and development, work-life balance, staff team building events and a green workspace.
At LTL, we work hard and play hard. If this sounds like you - get in touch! See below for our current opportunities.
Lineman’s Testing Laboratories welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
We are currently seeking an ambitious, mechanicallyinclined, experienced Tool Repair Technician to work in our Toronto plant located near the Toronto Pearson International Airport (Skyway & Dixon).
The successful candidate will have experience and knowledge with the following electric, hydraulic, and gas-powered tools:
• Makita, Bosch. Hitachi, Wolf, Kango, Dewalt, Black & Decker, Skill, Milwaukee
• Snap-on Hydraulic Tools: Burndy, Greenlee, Cembre, Husky, Reliable, Stanley, Thomas Betts and ADI
• Small Engines: Briggs & Stratton, Tecumseh, Honda, Yamaha and Kohler
• Conduct assessment inspections, testing, repairs, and calibration of specified tools and devices including hydraulic tools, hoists, jumper cables, ground cables, and insulated live line tools
• Estimate and quote repairs for customers
• Source replacement parts
• Assemble tools and products from components to finished goods
• Proven mechanical aptitude (previous tool repair experience, i.e., tool rental company, lawn and garden repair centres, construction, pump repair, etc.)
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent communications skills (English verbal and written)
• Excellent organizational skills
• Strong knowledge of standard safety practices
• Able to work and succeed without direct supervision
• Understand teamwork principles and enjoys working with people
• Willing to take training to learn new skills and apply them to tasks
• Capable of problem solving
• Computer skills an asset
• High school diploma with post-secondary education in hydraulics, trade school, and/or OEM training.
• Minimum of two years experience within the specific industry, or minimum of five years in auto, rental shop, small engine repairs, machine shop, bike shop, construction or technical tool repair and service environment.
OEM training will be provided to the new hire.
Salary is commensurate with experience, company benefits. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.