Are you an ambitious and self-motivated individual looking for a challenge? Would you like to be part of a
dynamic and hard-working team that positively impacts the utility and industrial sectors?
Lineman's Testing Laboratories is an innovative company that encourages growth, provides challenges and gives you the opportunity to leave your mark. We've been around since 1958, so we know what motivates our staff and creates a great work culture.
We offer competitive salaries, benefits, training and development, work-life balance, staff team building events and a green workspace.
At LTL, we work hard and play hard. If this sounds like you - get in touch! See below for our current opportunities.
Lineman’s Testing Laboratories welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
We are currently seeking an Electrical Substation Foreman/HV Technician to join our team at our Toronto location (near Toronto Pearson Int'l Airport), working in our growing Electrical Department.
PURPOSE & SCOPE
The successful candidate will be responsible for taking both an inside and field role in the Electrical Department covering all facets of the high voltage electrical contracting business within the industrial sector.
Extensive high voltage electrical field work including infrared scanning, substation maintenance, substation and transformer project installation, commissioning, troubleshooting, rationalization and implementation of system and equipment optimization measures, ownership of work from planning, implementation, and reporting to job closure.
IF YOU'RE UP FOR THE CHALLENGE, YOU CAN WORK TOWARDS :
- High Voltage Studies - Provide technical services to assemble, complete and report on electrical system studies (e.g., coordination, power quality, ground grids, arc flash)
- Technical Support - Provide electrical technical support and problem-solving as well as on-site and in-house troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Auto-CAD - Provide and use electrical/mechanical drawings as required for substation maintenance and/or electrical construction installations
- Reports - Review and complete reports, review work performed by others, review sales charges to coincide with report
- Oil Analysis - Provide technical assistance and comments on transformer oil results
- Complete understanding and proven proficiency for quoting and job estimation
- Support and review technical inquiries of customers to make recommendations
- Provide technical assistance to enable accurate quotes to customers from Account Managers for all work to be performed by the Electrical Division
- Perform all work within health and safety regulations and applicable regulatory codes
- Drive/lead studies, project designing, and technical bid preparation for projects
EDUCATION, TRAINING & SKILLS
- Complete knowledge and superior working experience with electrical power distribution systems
- Exemplary understanding of industry and regulatory standards and design criteria
- Lead and support team members on technical and job-related matters
- Strong computer skills : Auto-CAD, ETAP, MS Office
- Knowledge of ESA regulations
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, communication, leadership, problem solving and personal skills
- Analytical, troubleshooting skills
- Willingness to travel periodically
- P. Eng or CET certification
- Trades certificate(s) with related experience
The successful candidate will have proven technical skill categories focusing on substation and transformer installation, commissioning and service and maintenance. Minimum 5 years work experience.
Remuneration is commensurate with experience; company benefits. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.