Are you an ambitious and self-motivated individual looking for a challenge? Would you like to be part of a
dynamic and hard-working team that positively impacts the utility and industrial sectors?
Lineman's Testing Laboratories is an innovative company that encourages growth, provides challenges and gives you the opportunity to leave your mark. We've been around since 1958, so we know what motivates our staff and creates a great work culture.
We offer competitive salaries, benefits, training and development, work-life balance, staff team building events and a green workspace.
At LTL, we work hard and play hard. If this sounds like you - get in touch! See below for our current opportunities.
Lineman’s Testing Laboratories welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
Apply knowledge of measurement science, mathematics, physics, and electronics to calibrate, inspect, measure, and test equipment.
• Comply with company health and safety policies and adhere to company standards for product and service delivery.
• Perform work in accordance with approved equipment, calibration, maintenance, and safety procedures.
• Perform calibrations at customer locations (on occasion). Must be able to determine the standards needed for the job.
• Investigate and develop standards, methods, procedures, work instructions, and fixtures to support inspection and testing.
• Provides informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers. May be required to coordinate and assign tasks to co-workers within a work unit and/or project.
• Estimate repairs and contact vendors to source replacement parts and other technical information as necessary.
• Conduct inspection, testing, evaluate, service, repairs, and calibration of voltage detecting devices, electrical and gas metering.
• Assists in maintaining laboratory NAIL accreditation.
• Adapt equipment, standards, and procedures to accomplish unique measurements.
• Perform corrective actions to address identified measurement problems.
• Record data gathered during calibration.
• Identify and utilize appropriate measurement procedures.
• Generate Certificates of Calibration and/or Out of Tolerance Reports as required, and in correct media appropriate to meet customer requirements.
• Maintain Primary and/or intrinsic calibration standards.
• Create and maintain all testing/repair and calibration procedures for the Meter Department.
• Assemble LTL branded metering products.
• Maintain training materials and procedures for the Meter Department.
• Ensure quality and on-time delivery of all serviced products.
• Maintain documentation on all material testing procedures.
• Ensure safety compliance in the high voltage laboratory environment.
• Track and report production goals and achievements.
• Perform laboratory/departmental housekeeping and other duties as required.
• Must have computer experience with intermediate user level in MS Excel.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Excellent technical aptitude.
• Required to be able to read and work from blueprints, schematic diagrams, and specification manuals.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong team and collaborative skills.
• Able to work independently and accomplish business objectives without direct supervision.
• Knowledge of standard safety practices.
• Understand and provide customer care.
• Understand production schedules, production flow and maintain efficiency.
• May require a valid driver's license.
• Able to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondences, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Excellent communications skills to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, and/or supervisors.
• Physical requirements include bending, standing, walking, climbing stairs/ladders and the ability to lift/carry heavy loads of 50 lbs or more.
• Post Secondary Diploma in Electronics or Electrical Technician.
• 3 to 5 years of technical experience in a troubleshooting and electrical/electronic service environment.
Company benefits, salary commensurate with experience.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.