Are you an ambitious and self-motivated individual looking for a challenge? Would you like to be part of a
dynamic and hard-working team that positively impacts the utility and industrial sectors?
Lineman's Testing Laboratories is an innovative company that encourages growth, provides challenges and gives you the opportunity to leave your mark. We've been around since 1958, so we know what motivates our staff and creates a great work culture.
We offer competitive salaries, benefits, training and development, work-life balance, staff team building events and a green workspace.
At LTL, we work hard and play hard. If this sounds like you - get in touch! See below for our current opportunities.
Lineman’s Testing Laboratories welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for a dynamic, experienced and knowledgeable Senior Technical Inside Sales Representative to join our team at our head office located near Toronto Pearson International Airport.
Established in 1958, Lineman's Testing Laboratories of Canada / LTL UTILITY SUPPLY ("LTL") has made its mark in the industry as a forward-thinking and well-established electrical services and safety equipment supply company with locations across Canada. LTL has progressively expanded over the years to include a broad spectrum of recognized electrical, utility and industrial products, equipment and services.
The successful candidate excels in a fast paced, technical environment, assisting with the high demands of our customers in this recession-proof industry. Knowledge of power utility/electrical products and distribution supply chain is required.
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to)
• Responsible for the effective and timely response to external customer requests and queries for technical information, pricing, delivery, service, product sourcing and substitution, and sales information
• Upgrade/upsell customer requirements as needed and when appropriate
• Proven ability to convert prospects into customers
• Ability to simultaneously manage multiple accounts/opportunities
• Drive for business results and continuous learning
• Performs diligent follow-up on outstanding quotes and issues
• Supports outside sales with orders, inventory checks, and quotations
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multi-task while maintaining a high level of order entry accuracy and attention to detail
• Maintains accurate and up-to-date customer contact profiles in company database
• Uses company database and vendor portals for pricing and product information
• Troubleshoots and expedites orders, problem solves and finds alternate solutions
• Liaises with operations, purchasing, shipping department personnel, customers and vendors
• Shares product knowledge with team members
• Contributes to the implementation and improvement of internal processes and procedures
• Likes learning new products and has a good understanding of items being sold
• Minimum of five (5) years direct sales experience in the power utility/electrical products and distribution supply chain is required
• Professional telephone manner
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Maintain positive rapport with customers and colleagues
• Ability to prioritize/multi-task
• Strong customer care focus
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent problem-solving capabilities
• Ability to work well under pressure with heavy workloads
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Collaborative team player
• Self-motivated with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm
• Friendly, positive, patient and calm personality
• Accurate keyboarding skills
• Proficient in all MS Office applications, Outlook and Internet, MS Dynamics NAV is an asset
High School Diploma required; post-secondary is considered an asset. Minimum of five (5) years direct sales experience in the power utility/electrical products and distribution supply chain is required.
Salary commensurate with experience; commission plan and benefits. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.