Are you an ambitious and self-motivated individual looking for a challenge? Would you like to be part of a
dynamic and hard-working team that positively impacts the utility and industrial sectors?
Lineman's Testing Laboratories is an innovative company that encourages growth, provides challenges and gives you the opportunity to leave your mark. We've been around since 1958, so we know what motivates our staff and creates a great work culture.
We offer competitive salaries, benefits, training and development, work-life balance, staff team building events and a green workspace.
At LTL, we work hard and play hard. If this sounds like you - get in touch! See below for our current opportunities.
Lineman’s Testing Laboratories welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
The successful candidate will conduct Infrared Thermography/Scanning of plant electrical equipment troubleshoot, repair, install and service medium and high voltage electrical systems and associated equipment; operate, inspect, and perform preventive maintenance on medium and high voltage overhead and underground distribution systems; prepare estimates, and plan and manage own projects within allotted budgets; and perform related work as required.
As part of LTL’s commitment to providing a safe and healthy work environment for all our employees and clients, COVID-19 vaccination is required for this position.
• Coordinates Substation maintenance programs with customers, project managers, other crafts, and inspectors; inspects job sites and reviews detailed plans, drawings, and oral directions to plan work
• Conducts Infrared Thermography/Scanning of plant electrical equipment
• Inspects overhead and underground distribution systems, tests, and documents findings
• Provides support for in-house projects with commissioning, testing, and inspecting finished work
• Operates a variety of testing, calibration and repair devices, tools and equipment including voltmeters, ammeters, ohmmeters, insulation resistance testers, high potential test sets, circuit breaker testers, etc.
• Maintains tools and equipment
• Maintains current knowledge of equipment and materials through self-study and training
• Prepares and maintains a variety of records and paperwork regarding work performed
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
• G driver’s license
• Post secondary education minimally at the Technical College level (diploma)
• Trades certificate with related experience
• Minimum Level I Infrared Thermography Certification
• Minimum 5-7 years of relevant experience
Remuneration commensurate with experience, benefits.