Are you an ambitious and self-motivated individual looking for a challenge? Would you like to be part of a
dynamic and hard-working team that positively impacts the utility and industrial sectors?
Lineman's Testing Laboratories is an innovative company that encourages growth, provides challenges and gives you the opportunity to leave your mark. We've been around since 1958, so we know what motivates our staff and creates a great work culture.
We offer competitive salaries, benefits, training and development, work-life balance, staff team building events and a green workspace.
At LTL, we work hard and play hard. If this sounds like you - get in touch! See below for our current opportunities.
Lineman's Testing Laboratories welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
We are currently seeking an assertive buyer who can hit the ground running to join our growing team at our Toronto head office location, located near Toronto Pearson International Airport.
- Negotiate, re-negotiate, and administer contracts with suppliers, vendors and other representatives
- Prepare purchase orders, solicit bid proposals, and review requisitions for goods
- Carrier and brokerage negotiations, document resolution and billing verification
- Vendor-related documentation resolution
- NAFTA and tariff code compliance assessment and operation
- Source new products and replacement parts in an expedient manner, and ensure best price and deliveries for all sourced product and volume orders
- Maintain adequate inventory levels and non-stock product for all Canadian operations; ensure inventory meets operational requirements and are accurately represented
- Forecast future product requirements
- Facilitate warranty returns
- Enforce quality requirements on vendors; maintain vendor relationships scope
- Follow purchasing policies and procedures, and all applicable laws and regulations
Knowledge & Skills
- Have the potential to engage at a senior level, possessing strong influencing, negotiation and creative skills to secure best vendor pricing
- Must be ambitious, tenacious and enjoy working in a dynamic environment where you can expect the unexpected
- Honed ability to secure relationships with key vendors using proven sell arguments/tactics
- Networking ability to maintain and manage networks, both internal and external
- Outstanding organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to handle pressure
- Good interpersonal, team and collaborative skills
- Understands customer care
- Understands production schedules, production flow and efficiency
- Advanced software skills (MS Office-MS Excel, Pivot tables), database utilization (Navision an asset, but not required)
- Independent thinker capable of taking initiative, thinking in terms of solutions and opportunities rather than problems
Education & Experience
PMAC, APICS or Supply Chain related Diploma, Certificate or Degree with 5-7 years' experience in a procurement role. Candidates enrolled in part-time purchasing related programs are also eligible for consideration provided the necessary experience is met.
Remuneration commensurate with experience; company benefits.